- Because life is difficult. We are not very good at handling the ups and downs and often get stuck when the proverbial poo hits the fan. We get sick. People die. Marriages struggle. Love goes unrequited. Those are the bags we bring to work each day.
- Because our jobs suffer when we suffer. It’s that simple.
- Because stress, distress, depression, anxiety, trauma, substance abuse and sleeplessness all exist. These human emotions and responses do not discriminate based on salary or other demographics.
- Because we are not great at asking for help and ashamed to seek out counseling. Where do we begin? How do we know who is good? What will it be like? How much will it cost? All of these questions become barriers to getting help early on which can be a problem for management while seeking excellent productivity and attendance.
- Because it just makes good business sense. A well-integrated EAP into your workplace culture will, without a doubt, save a life or two along the way, prevent employee terminations/turn-over and help families’ turnaround conflict and suffering. Bonus for the boss: you get a healthy and productive employee that is grateful their employer cares enough to provide no-cost services to them.
Here’s to achieving REAL Employee Health in your Company in 2019!